Ancestral Storytelling Guilds
Ancestor Storytelling Guilds are experiential journeys where we access, trace and express multigenerational lineage memories.
We practice the art and skills of authentically crafting important stories in new ways.
With intentional, embodied attunement, we tap into conscious and innate dimensions of ancestral origins. Universal themes emerge that reveal our interrelatedness.
These ceremonially conducted guilds provide a witness-field environment for collective healing and retrieving ancient wisdom.
These gatherings are “Soul Archaeology” digs, powerful ways to mine the layers of our past to expand our sense of belonging and purpose.
New information and insights arise as we access the collective stories we hold in our bodies, hearts and minds. As we uncover subtle layers of our memories, we are empowered to discover new narratives.
Our guilds combine guided meditations, small group processes, journaling, storytelling methods and expressive arts.
Together we gather puzzle pieces, language and soul-lesson insights to and from one another. We cultivate our stories to teach, inspire and heal one another with the ancient art of oral storytelling.
SHARING OUR FAMILY STORIES, TRADITIONS, & ORIGIN MEMORIES CAN HELP US HEAL
EXPERIENCE HOW TO
- Overcome barriers between different cultural affinities to reveal common ground
- Understand how ancestral adaptations have implicitly shaped our survival
- Heal ancestral trauma via collective healing and resilience
- Uncover soul-lessons to gain new perspectives on old wounds
- Expand our sense of belonging, meaning and acceptance
- Deepen our respect and honoring of one anothers cultural lineages and traditions
- Rewrite our historical narratives to reshape our sense of meaning
- Clarify what we want to contribute and how we can serve and inspire others
- Remember and honor the wholeness of our souls and the blessings of our ancestors
Remember and honor the wholeness of our souls and the blessings of our ancestors
All of us have equally important generational stories to tell from our own lineage, that can become food for one another’s healing, expansion of identity and growth. Collective storytelling can create deep transformation for ourselves, our families and each other.
BE GUIDED IN
- Accessing, tracking and integrating our multigenerational lineage stories
- Honing and expressing our stories with attention to somatic impacts
- Discovering universal themes and truths that align and unify us
- Healing inherited trauma by mindful witnessing in a safe, collective setting
- Creating more positive and empowering beliefs about our histories
- Letting go of shame and negative internalizations
- Developing compassionate understanding for ourselves and our ancestors
- Honoring our inherited lineage backgrounds while being true to our own core truths
- Valuing and celebrating both multicultural similarities and differences
- Deeply connecting with our bodies and the lands we come from
- Moving towards more wholeness and belonging
- Finding more clarity, purpose, wisdom and meaning in our lives
Join us to share and hear stories
- Love, grief, joy and anger
- Grandparent and extended family legacies
- Names and characters
- Migration patterns
- Villages, cities, occupations and socio-economic legacies
- Ancestral geography and migration patterns
- Trauma and adaptive resilience
- Inherited culture: songs, beliefs and traditions
- Ancestral wisdom
- Loyalty alignments and burdens
- Explicit memories and somatic, implicit memory glimpses
Michael Gelbart, LCSW, is a highly experienced multi-generational therapist and guide. He is available to facilitate a group experience for your family, organization, business, community or religious institution. He loves oral storytelling teaching tradition: you can find his teaching videos here.