Shift in Perspective Resources
Refer to our Shift in Perspective resources below to further support your relationship journey and releasing of generational trauma.
Meditation and Wisdom Guidance
- Adyashanti, an excellent meditation teacher of the Advaita non-dual path
- Tara Brach, a compassionate Buddhist teacher; her talks, books and guided mediations are soothing, healing and enlightening
- Pema Chodron, a notable American figure in Tibetan Buddhism. Her insight into the mind is of great value to navigating our inner journeys
- Don Miguel Ruiz, gifted and kind Toltec wisdom teacher; author of The Four Agreements
Psychotherapy Approaches and Self-Help
- Hakomi, a method I have been trained in and employ, combines western psychology, somatic awareness and systems theory in an elegant way.
- Also recommended, this easy read by Hakomi founder Ron Kurtz
- CBT is a basic way to identify, evaluate and transform dysfunctional beliefs; that is, beliefs that diss fun!
- I also suggest this Dr. David Burns video as an excellent source
- DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) explained
- And a related DBT self-help site
- New Harbinger Publications, an excellent source for self-help books: anxiety, depression, Bipolar disorder, Anger management, self-esteem, lay or professional, they have it!
Couples and Relationships
- John Gottman, a premier couples resources site. Very practical, pragmatic, research based insights and guidance. Intensive retreat options available.
- Gay and Kathleen Hendricks are phenomenal people and loving guides to living co-creatively as individuals and as a couple
- Harville Hendrix on making marriage simple and transforming your relationship, good learning site and relationship intensives
- Sue Johnson is the premier attachment therapist, very insightful
- Esther Perel speaks powerfully on intimacy and sexuality. I find her voice, and her book Mating in Captivity, very inspiring and insightful about the challenges of keeping sex fresh!
- Also, check out her Ted Talk
- David Schnarch,
excellent, challenging approach to distinguishing intimacy and sexuality